Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Brett Favre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Brett Favre

    Love him or hate him, say "He makes too many mistakes." You can even say, "he's not the best of all time because of his interceptions." or "He turned his back on Green Bay." If you don't think he is going out on top then you are blind. The stats show how good he is, tonight showed how tough he was. I don't care how you slice it, he IS the best. I'm a Green Bay fan, but if you don't put the old man behind center in Minnesota, they don;t get as far as they did. Yeah, he retires and come back. yeah he flip-flops. Save it. Peyton will pass him if he plays long enough, but Brett is the best in my opinion, period.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett Favre

    I do believe Farve will go down as the GAWOAT -Greatest Attention ***** of All Time.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Sportsman*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett Favre

    I've always been a Brett Favre fan, but there is no way he is better than Payton Manning.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett Favre

    Peyton Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brett Favre .
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    Peyton Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brett Favre .
    YOU CAN leave Peyton on the left and put any QB that has ever pleyed on the right. same outcome. when all is said and done the big agrument will be who is #2 in my opinion.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett Favre

    Due to growing up rooting for the 49ers, I'm still extremely partial to guys who not only played the game cerebrally like Manning but had athleticism and gamesmanship like Favre--and I think Joe Montana and Steve Young fit that mold.

    Montana (though he is a Domer) will likely always be #1 to me. If you'd have asked me this a couple of years ago, Manning would have been 3rd to Unitas for me...but I think Manning's passed him for #2. Unitas 3rd, Marino 4th, and Steve Young 5th.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett Favre

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_JLR View Post
    Love him or hate him, say "He makes too many mistakes." You can even say, "he's not the best of all time because of his interceptions." or "He turned his back on Green Bay." If you don't think he is going out on top then you are blind. The stats show how good he is, tonight showed how tough he was. I don't care how you slice it, he IS the best. I'm a Green Bay fan, but if you don't put the old man behind center in Minnesota, they don;t get as far as they did. Yeah, he retires and come back. yeah he flip-flops. Save it. Peyton will pass him if he plays long enough, but Brett is the best in my opinion, period.
    HIS stats in particular dont mean crap in my opinion. he has played for 20 years, a GOOD qb for 20 years should be able to put up numbers like that. you let peyton play for 20 years and see how he does. is Brett the TOUGHEST of all time, you are ****ed right, is he one of the most exciting of all time, you are ****ed right, is he the best of all time??? no way. you have to be smart to be the best of all time at that position.
    Cant we all just get along?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett Favre

    farve is not the best QB ever. theres no way the best QB ever would make the kind of mistakes farve has made.

    last play as a packer? INT in the playoffs.

    last play as a viking in all likelyhood? INT in the playoffs.

    id take peyton, joe montana, and john elway over him any day of the week

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett Favre

    I repsect all the opinions no doubt, and I do agree that Manning is GOING to be the best of all time once he is through with his career. But as of right now Brett holds it for me for a number of reasons in my mind. It's hard to argue about Brett, the same way as it is to argue about Marino, Elway, Unitas, and Montana. All of them are in the running as a matter of opinion. Brett Favre in my opinion IS the greatest of all time, but as I stated earlier, and in the last post. Peyton Manning will break all of Brett Favre's records if he plays long enough in the NFL. As a matter of fact, if he gets this Superbowl championship, and if Brett never plays again and is fortunate enough to win another one, peyton in my eyes would have taken a giant step towards being better.

    I'll retract one part, he may not break the interception record, But hey even Brett said on the interceptions. "I guess that shows I was trying."

    But I agree with all you guys in hindsight, I guess little will change my mind about Brett until Peyton, if, they win the superbowl.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Brett Favre

    IMO top 3 of all time
    1-Montana
    2-Favre
    3-Untias
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •